ABOUT IECWe are trying to create an environment in the institution of loveable ambience. Children are not only taught the text books but are trained to understand the higher qualities of love and respect.
Our efforts will be to make sure that the institution while improving the academic excellence does not move away from our traditional values of love, respect, tolerance, caring and sharing. We want our student to leave the institution with a harmonious personality.
PASTIslamic Educational Complex is one of the subsidiaries of Islamic Service Trust, Kerala. The institution had a humble beginning as a boarding Madrasa. It started functioning in 1983 in a rented building at Kumarapuram, near Medical College Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram. It was shifted to some other venues until June 1985 when it was finally established in the present campus at Azhicode. The IEC has more than 10 acres of land in its possession.
In the year 1986 Arts and Islamic Course (AIC) for girls commenced. The course, as its name connotes, was so designed as to inculcate Islamic knowledge to the girls along with university education. After a few years, due to certain technical reasons, the course for the girls was terminated. In the academic year 1991-92 the AIC for boys began. The syllabus for this six-year course included Islamic subjects prescribed by MajlisTa’leemilIslami Kerala and the University syllabus for Pre-Degree Course in Humanities and B.A. In 1992-93 the duration of the course was reduced to five years. From the year 1993-94 AIC was remolded as CIC (Commerce and Islamic Course). The candidates passed out of this course could acquire B.Com Degree of University of Kerala along with a comprehensive knowledge of Holy Quran, Hadeeth, Fiqh and Islamic History. As part of vocational training, facilities for Arabic and English typewriting, basic computer knowledge and driving were provided. The first batch of CIC passes out in 1995-96. Later, the CIC had to be discontinued owing to the delinking of Pre-Degree Course from universities.A special Shoorah Meeting in respect of Kerala Circle of the Jamaat-e-islami Hind was held in May, 2003. It was visited by the then Jamaat Ameer Dr.AbdulHaq Ansari. The Shoora decided in principle to open the Women’s Islamiya College in the IEC Campus. The College came into existence in the year 2004-05, as per the directions of Prof.K.A. Siddeeq Hasan, Ameer JIH, Kerala Circle. The first Convocation Ceremony of the College was held in January 2008.
VISIONThe Islamic Educational Complex aims to be an institution of excellence, dedicated to producing leaders of the future.
MISSION & ETHOSThe mission of this unique institution, founded by the trust, is to impart high quality education with modern infrastructure. It is our uttermost desire to give to the children the best ever education all parents envisions. It shall be our endeavor to deliver the most modern technology and methodology to nurture the unique gifts of individual pupils. We believe the best we can give to our children is an education which address as their hearts and minds so as to help them stand on their own feet for the rest of their lives. It is thrown open to all students from any part of the world. Fears of criticism, evaluation, comparison, failures etc are eliminated in our atmosphere, which encourage freedom of expression and action. That is why Islamic educational complex stands apart, in a class by itself.
- Holistic development
- Value-based education
- A team of committed teachers
- A network of functional relationships with the PTA, staff, students, alumni and locals
- Building up a just and humane society
- Reasonable expenses
- Adequate infrastructure
- Openness to all
- A homely atmosphere
- To provide an effective learning environment that is conducive to achieving scholastic and co-scholastic excellence by making efficient use of technology, learning styles and quality curriculum.
- To instill a positive attitude towards learning as an immediate enrichment of life and as a preparation for further education.
- To support and guide students with learning difficulties and integrate them with the mainstream.
- To build desirable character traits such as trust, dependability, honesty and refinement through precept and example.
- To nurture in the children a strong commitment to society by making them more aware and conscious of their responsibilities to the underprivileged by placing a distinct emphasis on social service.
- To encourage the growth of an environment conscious generation by promoting environment-friendly practices in campus.
- Unfold the inherent talents of all students and enable them to do their best.
- Nurture a cosmopolitan atmosphere by encouraging the appreciation of world culture.
- Instill appropriate and desirable ethical values to make the students productive and responsible members of society.
- Train the students to realize their educational potential and become independent, lifelong learners.
- Embody commitment to expectations of society by continually improving the Quality Management System.
- IEC strives to provide the best possible facilities to its students, including a highly qualified teaching faculty, with the ultimate aim of providing an education of the highest order.
|Chief Patron||: T. Arif Ali
(Ameer, JIH, Kerala)
|Patrons||: K.K Mammunni Moulavi
|Chairman||: N.M. Ansari|
|Secretary||: Dr. S. Sulaiman|
|Vice Chairman||: A. Abdul Javad|
|Joint Secretary||: P. Asanaru Pillai|
Most of the Islamic institutions and cultural centres in Kerala are concentrated in the northern parts of Kerala where Muslims live in large number, whereas, Muslims are scattered in the southern parts especially Thiruvananthapuram, the capital of Kerala. Hence Muslims in this part are religiously very poor. To cope with this problem Islamic Educational Complex was established in 1983.
Islamic Educational Complex is a noble institution which has been rendering glorious services in the fields of education, culture and Islamic propagation since its inception. It is an institution with difference. You are requested to go through the following pages in order to get acquaintance with the multifarious activities of this unique institution in Thiruvananthapuram.
May the Almighty help us in our endeavors for the cause of disseminating the right knowledge!
FROM PRINCIPAL’S DESKI had a message from the Secretary, IEC, to attend an interview on 23rd March, 2011. I enquired about the location of the School. He told me the details of the School route. Due to personal commitments, I pleaded to prepone the interview on 19th March. The Management was kind enough to accept the same.
I and my husband hired a taxi and travelled and I was feeling that the distance is too long. When I reached a little known Crescent Residential H.S, I was feeling like it is located at Ponmudi, the hilly station. I was shocked to see eminent personalities in the Interviewing Board, and later I received the appointment letter. Like that way I became one of the members of Crescent Family.I studied the conditions of the School and started planning for the new academic year 2011-12. To bring out efficient set of students, I felt, the School needs a change. As a result, several strategies were planned. Some of the important features are:
- The School will be led by a Head boy and a Head Girl’
- The students are divided into three Houses viz. Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire. Each House has a Captain and a Vice Captain.
- There are 11 Clubs formed by students according to their choice.
- Each Club will have 3 programmes for a year.
- All classes have Bulletin Boards. Each Bulletin Board will be used by students for exhibiting their talents on various subjects.
- As a part of “Clean Campus Beautiful Campus” each class will be graded and awards are given.
- Interaction Programme with leading personalities.
- Every day the students will be exposed to questions based on day to day activities.
- Morning Assembly is a special feature of the School.
- Each student is allowed to go to Mosque for every day Prayer and to attend special Prayer on Fridays.
- Every Class possesses a Class Library where students can read books which they bring from home, during leisure time. This will result in the overall development of their personalities.
- K.G Classes have a language Lab. There the students not merely study, but they learn to speak and read through visuals.
- All Classes are activity-oriented which develops the thinking ability and adapt to any situation.
V. Jayanthy M.Sc, M.Ed
(Formerly Senior Teacher
Arya Central School,
MGM Central School, Varkala)